Impressive winter & ski holiday
snow fun & Piste pleasure in Snow Space Salzburg
The sunshine makes the pistes in the ski area glisten magically and your ski day in Wagrain can begin. You can reach the nearby valley lift station on foot or by free ski bus from the Landhaus Maurer. From there you can glide up to the Griessenkareck on the "Rote 8er" cable cars 1 and 2 and you're at the heart of a ski area offering unlimited possibilities. Savour the slopes in the popular ski resort of Flachau or explore the slopes and lifts including the spectacular G-LINK as far as St. Johann-Alpendorf. No matter what you decide you'll experience skiing fun, the best possible conditions and regional delicacies at the ski huts. There are plenty of winter other activities available too: cross country trails, tobogganing runs, snowshoeing routes etc. are just a few of the attractions available on your winter & ski holiday in Wagrain-Kleinarl, Salzburger Land.
Activities on your winter & ski holiday in Wagrain
welcome to the winter wonderland of Wagrain-Kleinarl
- Ski area Wagrain with Griessenkareck & Grafenberg as part of Snow Space Salzburg: total of 120 kilometres of ski slopes & 45 lifts (3 interconnecting ski areas of Wagrain, Flachau & St. Johann-Alpendorf with lift & piste connections)
- Access to the ski area just 300 m away from Landhaus Maurer ("Rote 8er" cable car)
- Part of the Ski amadé: multi-day ticket valid for a total of 760 kilometres of ski slopes & 270 ski lifts
- Highlights in the ski area: moderne G-LINK cable car (connects Griessenkareck & Grafenberg), Wagraini's Winter World at the "Roten 8er" mid-station (conveyor belt lift, tubing run, rubber ring carousel, dwarves' house, kids' beginner's snow park, igloo...), SkiMovie timed run, Betterpark in St. Johann/Alpendorf
- A number of ski huts offering tasty delicacies throughout the ski area
- Ski rental and sports shop Intersport Wagrain, ski and snowboard school Wagrain plus large ski depot at the valley lift station just 300 m away
- Bus stop for the free ski bus just a few metres away
- Over 32 km long network of trails in the holiday region of Wagrain-Kleinarl (8 easy & medium-difficulty trails), groomed in classic & skating style
- Scenic Jägersee trail in Kleinarl
- Total of over 260 km of trails in the Salzburger Sportwelt
- Popular Tauern trail: 63 km long, connecting the resorts in the Salzburger Sportwelt
- Equipment rental & tuition for all ability levels in Wagrain
- Access to the Wagrainer trail & the Moadörfl trail just a few minutes away from our house
- 20 km of cleared winter footpaths, picturesque snowhoe tours
- Guided snowshoe walks & torchlit walks available
- Silent Night walk to the Waggerl-Museum
- Natural toboggan run from the Kleinarler Hütte - 6.5 km long
- 2.5 km long toboggan run at the Jausenstation Ennskraxn – floodlit
- Ice skating rink in Wagrain (floodlit in the evening)
- Curling rinks in Wagrain, at the Schwaighof & in Kleinarl
- Horse-drawn sleigh rides: circular tour through the idyllic winter landscape with refreshment stops bookable
- For backcountry ski tour enthusiasts: ski tour to the Kleinarler Hütte, up to the Penkkopf, the Shuttleberg or the Törlstein – please check the current avalanche situation!
- Many action sport possibilities in winter in neighbouring Flachau: winter Segway tours, snowbike & snowbob, telemarking, guided backcountry ski tours, snowtubing, winter canyoning etc.
- Toboganning, sledging plates & snowflyers for rent im Landhaus Maurer
Alpine Spa Oasis
Relax & unwind in our "Alpine style" sauna area.
Round of your day perfectly...
...in the Finnish sauna, the infrared cabin, the dip pool, the adventure shower, the relaxation room.